Communist Party Affiliation
- In Chicago on October 27, 1971 - The Presidential Ballroom of the Midland Hotel was packed with more than 400 people last Friday to mark the 8Oth birthday of Wiliam L.Patterson, the man who rocked the world with his charge of genocide against the U.S. imperialists. Spokesmen for the committee sponsoring the banquet told the Daily World that many who had delayed in getting reservations had to be turned away. Veterans of the working class movement said they could not remember an occasion bringing together such a broad spectrum of workers, trade unionists and professionals, in a tribute to a Communist leader.
According to the World-sharing the head table with Patterson and his wife; Louise Thompson Patterson, were Ishmael Flory, master of ceremonies and chairman of the Banquet Committee; Henry Winston, chairman of the Communist Party; Claude Lightfoot and Arnold Johnson, CP leaders; Mrs. Sallye Davis, mother of Angela Davis, Pearl Hart, civil liberties attorney, Rev. John Hill, chairman of the Alliance to End Repression, Ernest DeMaio, director of District 11 of the United Electrical Workers; Jack Kling, secretary of the Illinois CP; Lynn Stinnette, Illnois chairman of the Young Workers Liberation League, and Betty Smith and Tommy Dennis, who led delegations from Minnesota and Michigan respectively.
Communist Party Labor Day call
Of the more than 100 endorsers listed, almost all were identified members of the Communist Party USA.
Communist Party MLK tribute
We salute Dr. King’s courage and vision. He saw and struggled for an America and world that can be. We pledge in his memory to work to reorder our nation’s priorities “so that the pursuit of peace will take precedence over the pursuit of war.”
Endorsed Communist Party Call
On March 30 2002 the Communist Party USA paper People’s Weekly World called for a national holiday in honor of late Farm Workers Union leader Cesar Chavez. The article was followed by a long list of endorsersincluding Betty Smith, Almost all endorsers were confirmed members of the Communist Party USA.
Angie Lebowitz, Betty Smith, Bill Davis, Bob Beachman, Carole Marks, Charlotte Sinovoi, Dan Margolis, Eileen Reardon, Estelle Katz, Esther Moroze, Gabe Falsetta, Gary Bono, George Robbins, Gloria Freedman, Grace Bassett, Judith Paulsen, Ken BeSaw, Linda Feldman, Martin Sawma, Michael Moore, Rose Bilander.
Feminists for Peace and Barack Obama
- In the coming elections, it is important to remember that war and peace are as much "women's issues" as are health, the environment, and the achievement of educational and occupational equality. Because we believe that all of these concerns are not only fundamental but closely intertwined, this Tuesday we will be casting our vote for Senator Barack Obama as the Democratic nominee for President of the United States.
Better World Awards
The New York Communist Party USA hosts an annual Better World Awards banquet.
Past honorees and speakers include : former NY State Assemblyman Frank Barbaro; Marvel Cooke; Domino sugar workers, ILA Local 1814; Ernesto Jofre (UNITE); Julie Margolin; NY State Senator Bill Perkins; Chris Silvera, Teamsters local 808; NY City Councilwoman Letitia James; Rev. Lucius Walker, Pastors for Peace; former US Congressman Major Owens; Betty Smith, International Publishers; NY City Councilman Robert Jackson; Adolfo Fana; Make the Road by Walking; TWU Local 100, NY Taxi Workers Alliance; Brooklyn for Peace; Estelle Katz etc. 
- ↑ Daily World October 28 1971
- ↑ Daily World October 28 1971
- ↑ People's Weekly World Sep 2 1995 p 14
- ↑ http://transitional.pww.org/so-that-the-pursuit-of-peace-will-take-precedence/
- ↑ http://www.pww.org/index.php/article/articleview/882/
- ↑ We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006
- ↑ Feminists for Peace and Barack Obama petition
- ↑ [http://events.nydailynews.com/new-york-ny/events/show/186417946-2011-annual-better-world-awards-luncheon NY Daily News events, 2011 Annual Better World Awards Luncheon Sunday, May 22 1:30p at Winston Unity Hall, New York, NY]