Anne Mitchell is a New York City activist.
1980s U.S. Peace Council Executive Board
Communist Party reformer
In 1991, Anne Mitchell , New York, was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party"-most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Socialist U.S. Toward a Socialist United States? Reshaping the vision and charting a path. Is it possible? On what basis?
- Dr. Keith Baird, DSA
- Barry Cohen, CoC Implementation Committee, NY
- Matthew Hallinan, DSA, No CA
- David McReynolds, national co-chair, Socialist Party USA, NY
- Denise Young, Rochester CoC, NY
- Anne Mitchell, organizer, Writer's Union, NY
Committees of Correspondence
Marilyn Albert, Mael Apollon, Carl Bloice, Barbara Blong, Barry Cohen, David Cohen, Otis Cunningham, Carl Davidson, Mort Frank, Todd Freeberg, Pat Fry, Marian Gordon, Ira Grupper, June Hemmingson, Ed Hemmingson, Fred Hicks, Duncan McFarland, Anne Mitchell, Maxine Orris, Ted Pearson, Gina Pesulima-Palencar, Edith Pollach, Marty Price, Merle Ratner, Jay Schaffner, Jae Scharlin, Mike Stein, Harry Targ, Walter Teague, Meta Van Sickle, Steve Willett and Mildred Williamson.
Committees of Correspondence NCC
2013 CCDS National Coordinating Committee
Anne Mitchell, New York, was elected in 2013 to the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism National Coordinating Committee;
At the September 16th 2011 meeting of the Left Labor Project, a leadership body was elected which includes Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism leaders, Pat Fry as Recording Secretary and Anne Mitchell as CCDS organizational representative. Among others elected were LLP Coordinator Larry Moskowitz who is national organizer for the Working Families Party, Jim Perlstein, an officer of the Professional Staff Union which represents faculty of the City University of New York, Muata Green, an EMT worker and member of AFSCME District Council 37, Rhadames Rivera, Vice President of SEIU Local 1199, and Fitzroy Searles of LLP Youth who was an organizer of the One Nation Rally in 2010 in Washington DC.
- USPC conference brochure Yale University November 8-10, 1985
- Addendum to Initiative document Nov. 13 1991
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- Convention program, July 1996
- CCDS leadership, accessed March 2014
- http://www.cc-ds.org/mobilizer/articles/LLP_NYC_LD_Parade.pdf, CCDS Mobilizer, Fall 2011 issue]