Albert Anderson Raby
Black Revolution forum
On December 12, 1968, the 19th annual meeting of the Hyde Park Kenwood Community Conference convened a forum on the "black revolution and its implications for an integrated community".
- Al Raby, civil rights activist, currently in graduate school
- Bill Maudlin, columnist and author
- Abner Mikva, Congressman, 2nd District
- Earl B. Dickerson, insurance executive and former independent Alderman
- Reuben Sheares, executive director of the Community Renewal Foundation
- Dr Quentin Young, editor of Health Rights News
Conference chairman Rufus Cook moderated the panel.
"Who Asked You" Election Advertisement
In April 1968, Al Raby signed an Advertisement in the Hyde Park-Kenwood Voices as a committee member of an as yet un-named organization led by Ruth Adams, Timuel Black, Rev. E. Spencer Parsons, Al Verri and Rabbi Jacob Weinstein asking the question, "What can you do to get a real choice for president in 1968?"
Hyde Park-Kenwood Voices
In January 1969, the Chicago radical newspaper, Hyde Park-Kenwood Voices, listed those who had helped produce its first 16 monthly issues as "writers, researchers, photographers, artists and clerical workers".
The list included Al Raby.
Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights
In 1970, the Advisory Council of the then Communist Party USA front Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights consisted of Timuel Black, Rev. Edwin Buehrer, Prof. Carl W. Condit, Rev. Martin Deppe, Joseph Engel, Abe Feinglass, Rev. Gerard G. Grant, Very Rev. Samuel J. Martin, Rabbi Robert J. Marx, Rev. Jules L. Moreau, Al Raby, Rev. Joseph Sattler, Jack Sullivan..
Links to Democratic Socialists of America
In 1988, Al Raby served on the Board of Directors of PROCAN (Progressive Chicago Area Network), an oganization which included several prominent Democratic Socialists of America members, including Alderman Danny K Davis, Roberta Lynch and Dr Ron Sable.
- ↑ Hyde Park-Kenwood Voices, December 1968, page 14
- ↑ Hyde Park-Kenwood Voices, April 1968
- ↑ Hyde Park-Kenwood Voices, January 16 1969, page 4
- ↑ Full text of "The nationwide drive against law enforcement intelligence operations : hearing before the Subcommittee to Investigate the Administration of the Internal Security Act and Other Internal Security Laws of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-fourth Congress, first session page 151
- ↑ Woodstock Institute letterhead, March 1983
- ↑ PROCAN meeting notification letter April 27 1988