A. Philip Randolph Institute
A. Philip Randolph Institute is a organization within the AFL-CIO that was founded by A. Philip Randolph and Bayard Rustin. It is considered one of the AFL-CIO's constituency groups, along with the Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance, Coalition of Black Trade Unionists, Coalition of Labor Union Women, Labor Council for Latin American Advancement and Pride At Work.
- Civil rights, strong anti-discrimination measures and affirmative action
- Policies to promote a decent wage, high growth, full employment economy
- Labor law reform and worker health and safety protections
- Decent minimum living standards for all, including anti-poverty programs, a fair minimum wage and a comprehensive "safety net"
- Universal, affordable health care
- Family leave and child care
- Progressive and fair tax policies
- International workers' rights and fair trade Education and training programs
- Education and training programs