Young Communist League at UH
August 2017, a flier was pinned to a bulletin board on the campus at the University of Houston. The flier is a recruiting tool to gain more membership for the school's Young Communist League (YCL), and their aim is to counter what they call "Trump's fascist regime" and "terrorist hate groups."
- The Communist group was one of the first organizations last week to urge the Houston City Council to remove the "Spirit of Confederacy" monument at Sam Houston Park. Last Saturday hundreds of people marched at the park in favor of the order. The protest was led by Houston's Black Lives Matter.
- "We must stand united against Trump's fascist regime and its Nazi henchmen, affirming that our university is a safe place for people of all ethnic backgrounds and is not safe for racist, terrorist hate groups."
- A UH history student named Michael Leone is the chairman of YCL. According to the group's Facebook page, Leone will attend the World Festival of Youth and Students this October in Sochi, Russia.
YCL at UH closed Facebook group
Young Communist League at UH closed Facebook group, as of January 25, 2018.
- This is the group page for the Young Communist League at the University of Houston.
- We are a registered student organization committed to organizing events to promote working class and socialist interests and to working with other organizations to build a united front against fascism and for socialist democracy.
- We are an independent organization allied with the Houston Communist Party and work closely with it for mutual assistance and support.
Admins and Moderators
- Michael Leone, Houston, Texas. Created group on April 12, 2017.
- James Marrs, Houston, Texas
- Houston Young Communist League
- Kim Bertrand, Houston, Texas
- Ceci Blake
- Michael Zendejas, Houston, Texas
- Rossana Cambron, Social Work
- Xavier Sovietico, Welder at Metal Fabrication
- Natasha Roberts, Teaching assistant at University of Houston
- Amy Vina, University of North Texas
- Amara Bush, Added by James Marrs on September 17, 2017 Intern at Harris County Democratic Party
- Dylan Anderson, University of Houston
- James Iserhardt, Houston, Texas
- Sabria Chahine, Carnegie Vanguard High School
- Phillip Kieval, Guest Services/Cashier at Whole Foods Market
- Lance Fegan
- Hunter Gentry
- Serena Ahmed, Reed
- Kaylin T-Lee Gant
- Patrick Higgins, Houston, Texas
- Cameron White, Professor - Social Education at University of Houston
- Gabriel Rossi Silva
- Bernard Sampson, Houston, Texas
- Will Tomlinson, Earlham College
- Yusef Almakhtar Ali, Revolutionary at Black Panther Movement
- Emmanuel Martinez-rangel
- Bryan Sweeney, Bartender at Holiday Inn
- AJ Garcia
- Remington Alessi, Attendance Award at Occupy Houston
- Dane C. Posner, Klein Forest High School
- Travis Mounce, Food server at Kemah Boardwalk
- Brian Hostutler, Virginia Tech
- Lysander Tovarish, Houston, Texas