Terry Ballantine Bisson , born 1942, has won the Hugo and Nebula Awards for his science-fiction. He is also the author of On a Move: The Story of Mumia Abu-Jamal (Litmus). He is associated with the Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
At the 2000 eighteenth annual Socialist Scholars Conference in New York, Utopian visions with bite were the topic of a panel on science fiction and socialism organized by DSA. Authors Terry Bisson, Bears Discover Fire, and Michael Swanwick, Stations of the Tide, joined Rutgers professor Bruce Franklin and Australian critic Justine Larballestier. The Nation UN correspondent and NY Democratic Socialists of America member Ian Williams reported that the people at the panel were excited by the fact that “Sci-fi allows one to try out our ideas. Most socialist utopianism is boring, conflict-free, nothing to work out. Sci-fi adds back some of the clash of ideas, interests, reintroduces evil.” Next year we hope there will be other panels on detective fiction, movies, maybe sports.
Anarchist book fair
Speakers for the 2010 book fair included: Yantra Bertelli, Terry Bisson, Ward Churchill, John Curl, Diane DiPrima, John Duda, Matt Hern, Luis A. Fernandez, Peter Gelderloos, Andrej Grubacic, Owen Hill, Lierre Keith, Margaret Killjoy, Ernesto Longa, Carlos Martinez, Jason McQuinn, Keith McHenry, Tommi Avicolli Mecca, Cindy Milstein, Patrick Reinsborough. Kim Stanley Robinson, Penelope Rosemont, Sarah Talbot, Kristian Williams and John Zerzan. 
Freedom Road article
Terry Bisson contributed a short story "The Switch" to Freedom Road number 3, Winter 2003.
- Terry Bisson has won the Hugo and Nebula Awards for his science-fiction. He is also the author of 0n a Move: The Story of Mumia AbuJamal(Litnwl
Left Forum 2012
Occupy Harper's Ferry! Why Radicals (Including Pacifists) Must Follow John Brown Room W523 Sponsored by: PM Press
- Terry Bisson Chair, PM Press, independent novelist, editor
- Matt Meyer Resistance in Brooklyn
- Dennis O'Neil Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- Susie Day Monthly Review
- Bill Fletcher, Jr.
David Gilbert Forum
Brecht Forum held a book launching March 19, 2012 for David Gilbert's - "Love and Struggle: My Life in SDS, the Weather Underground, and Beyond" with Lumumba Bandele, Dan Berger, Terry Bisson, Kenyon Farrow, Matt Meyer, Dequi Sadiki, Meg Starr, Challenging Male Supremacy Group & Laura Whitehorn. Moderated by Kazembe Balagun.
- http://freedomroad.org/2002/09/the-switch-a-short-story-2/#more-968 FRSO The Switch: A Short Story Posted on Sunday September 1st, 2002 by Freedom Road Socialist Organization]
- Bay Area Anarchist Book Fair Book Fair History
- Youtube David Gilbert - Love and Struggle: My Life in SDS, the Weather Underground, and Beyond Published on Mar 27, 2012