- 1 ANSWER "Rally Against War and Racism"
- 2 "NO WAR, NO WAY"
- 3 Supporting Aristide
- 4 Workers World Party
- 5 Anti War rally
- 6 Solidarity with Sept. 24 FBI Raid Activists
- 7 Meeting with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
- 8 "New Cold War"
- 9 UNAC leadership
- 10 Coordinating Committee of Hands Off Syria Coalition
- 11 References
Sara Flounders worked for the International Action Center.
ANSWER "Rally Against War and Racism"
April 20, 2002 International A.N.S.W.E.R. Rally Activists representing various groups met on the Ellipse in Washington, DC to voice their support for a Palestinian state, criticize the Bush administration for its support of Prime Minister Sharon’s government in Israel, advocate a stop to racial profiling, and protest the treatment of Muslims at home and abroad.
The event was coordinated by the organization Act Now to Stop War and End Racism.
Speakers included Larry Adams - Labor Against the War, Pam Africa Activist International Concerned Family and Friends of Mumia Abu-Jamal, Sami al-Arian Professor University of South Florida (Tampa, FL)->Computer Science, Tariq Ali Author, Luis Alvarez Committee for the Rescue and Development of Vieques, Nihad Awad Co-Founder and Exec. Dir. Council on American-Islamic Relations, Brian Becker, Co-Director International Action Center, Vernon Bellecourt Director (Former) American Indian Movement, Mahdi Bray Director Muslim Public Affairs Council->Communications, Helen Caldicott M.D. Founder Physicians for Social Responsibility, Illel Cohen Activist, , Tarek Elgawhay Spokesperson Muslim Student Association Shaker Elsayed, Secretary-General Muslim American Society, Sara Flounders Spokesperson Iraq Sanctions Challenge, Jane Franklin Author, Teresa Gutierrez Co-Director International Action Center, Graylan Hagler Minister Plymouth Congregational Church of Christ (Washington, DC), Cheri Honkala, Founder and Executive Director Kensington Welfare Rights Union, Rafik Jaber President National Islamic Association for Palestine, Teresita Jacinto Member Committee for Indigenous Solidarity, Randa Jamal Member Palestine Right to Return Coalition, Amer Jubran Activist, Sala Kahn, Activist Magdy Mahmoud, President , Metropolitan Muslim Federation->New York, New Jersey, Carl Messner Co-Founder, Partnership for Civil Justice, Riya Ortiz, Representative Asha Samad-Matias Spokesperson Muslims Against Racism, Grace Trevettn Activist.
"NO WAR, NO WAY"
Jan 19, 2003, ANSWER brought together an impressive array of speakers at two rallies—one that began at 11 a.m. in the sprawling National Mall, and a concluding rally at the Washington Shipyard.
Moonanum James, co-chair of United American Indians of New England and a Vietnam-era veteran, opened the rally by connecting the U.S. government’s ongoing racist war against Native peoples with their preparations for a racist war against Iraq.
Actors Jessica Lange and Tyne Daly addressed the crowd. So did political figures, including the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton; former-U.S. Congressperson Cynthia McKinney and Rep. John Conyers. The Rev. Lucius Walker read an anti-war statement from Rep. Charles Rangel.
Former Attorney General Ramsey Clark called on those listening to “impeach Bush.” Blase Bonpane, from the Office of the Americas, traveled from Los Angeles to bring greetings. International representation included Ashraf El-Bayoumi from the Cairo Conference against U.S. Aggression on Iraq and Jeremy Corbyn from the Stop the War Coalition and Abe Tomoko spoke as a representative of the Lower House of the Japanese Parliament.
Struggles around the world against U.S. domination were articulated by Teresa Gutierrez and Sara Flounders from the IAC; Hector Castro, director of education, Central Unitaria de Trabajadores, Colombia; Francisco Rivera, Committee for the Rescue and Development of Vieques; Marie Hilao Enriquez from BAYAN; and Yoomi Jeong from the Korea Truth Commission.
Muslim speakers included Mahdi Bray, Muslim American Society; Ismael Kamal, Muslim Student Association; Ihab Darwish, Free Palestine Alliance; Ghazi Khan Kan, Council on American Islamic Relations; Imam Mousa, Masjid Al-Islam; and Dr. Mansoon Khan from Peace TV.
On April 7 2004 in the Whitman Theatre at Brooklyn College. A multinational crowd of 2,000, mainly people from Haiti and the English-speaking Caribbean, packed the hall to hear a program entitled "An Evening with Friends of Haiti: The Truth Behind the Haiti Coup."
- A broad range of speakers and cultural performers ignited the stage for three-and-a-half hours to express heartfelt anti-imperialist solidarity with the besieged Caribbean country. Haiti has once again suffered a horrific atrocity with the U.S.-orchestrated kidnapping of its democratically elected president, Jean-Bertrand Aristide, on Feb. 29.
Other speakers included Alina Sixto, Family Lavalas New York/Tri-State Area; Rep. Major Owens of Brooklyn; Mario Dupuy, Aristide's state secretary of communication; Don Rojas, Amy Goodman and Bernard White, WBAI-Pacifica Radio; Ray LaForest, Haitian labor organizer, District Council 1707; Brian Concannon, human-rights attorney; Brooklyn College student Starr Bernard; Serge Lilavois, Support Committee for PPN; Los Angeles anti-police brutality activist Michael Zinzun; Dominican activist Marc Torres; and Haitian performers Marguerite Laurent and Phantoms.
Workers World Party
In 2006 Sara Flounders was a member of the Secretariat of the Workers World Party. She had been in either the WWP or its youth arm, Youth Against War and Fascism (YAWF) since the early 1970's. Documentation of this can be found in the House Internal Security Committee (HISC) report on "The Workers World Party and Its Front Organizations", 1973.
Anti War rally
Hundreds of activists braved the cold for a march and rally that began at Times Square in New York City on Feb. 17, 2007.
Speakers included Berna Ellorin, BAYAN-USA; Mary Lou Al-Awda, Palestine Right of Return Coalition; Mary Klopart, Grannies for Peace; Ellie Ommani, American-Iranian Friendship Committee; Comrade Shahid, Pakistani USA Freedom Forum; Mia Cruz, FIST; Fallou Gueye, Union of African Workers-Senegalese; Jesse Heiwa, Rainbow Solidarity for the Cuban Five; WayQuay, Leonard Peltier Defense Committee; Jonathan Brown, World Can’t Wait; TONC representatives Larry Holmes, Brenda Stokely, Sara Flounders, Sharon Black and Dustin Langley.
Other speakers included Councilperson Charles Barron, who recently introduced a local resolution against the war funding, Chris Silvera, chair of the Teamsters National Black Caucus and representatives from Millions for Mumia and Fanmi Lavalas.
Solidarity with Sept. 24 FBI Raid Activists
The Committee to Stop FBI Repression lists International Action Center as one of the organizations that has issued a statement of solidarity in support of the activists raided in the September 24, 2010 FBI Raids. Sara Flounders authored the statement.
Meeting with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
On September 21, 2010, Sara Flounders attended a meeting at a midtown hotel with President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and approximately 130 members of the U.S. "peace and social justice movements", as well as "major figures in the Black activist community." Sara Flounders was also among those who made opening remarks at the meeting.
Sara Flounders of the International Action Center spoke of the work of the peace movement in the United States and called for respectful dialogue in the US and international bodies rather than military actions. 
"New Cold War"
New York City: What’s driving the new ‘Cold War’? Will It escalate? Can we stop it?
Teach-In: Saturday, May 10 2014 Riverside Church, Tower Room.
- NATO expansion and encirclement of Russia & China
- Why the U.S. wants a confrontation over Ukraine
- ‘Asia Pivot,’ AFRICOM & the ‘War on Terror’
- How Washington uses NGOs, fascist movements, mercenaries & drones to promote its agenda
- Why our real enemy is Wall Street – not Russia, China, Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Korea …
- Ramsey Clark, former U.S. attorney general, human rights lawyer
- Glen Ford, Black Agenda Report
- Ray McGovern, former CIA analyst, now antiwar activist
- Larry Holmes, People’s Power Assembly
- Sara Flounders, International Action Center
- Avin Dirki, Syrian American Forum
- Joe Lombardo, United National Antiwar Coalition
- Bill Dores, International League of People’s Struggle
- Bernard White, CPR Metro Radio
- Bernadette Ellorin, BAYAN USA
- Dustin Ponder, Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!
- William Camacaro, Alberto Lovera Bolivarian Circle
- Bahman Azad, U.S. Peace Council, Veterans for Peace
The names and organizations of the people on the United National Antiwar Coalition administrative committee are below:
- Marilyn Levin - Co-coordinator New England United
- Joe Lombardo - Co-coordinator Bethlehem Neighbors for Peace
- Chris Gauvreau - Connecticut United for Peace
- Sara Flounders - International Action Center, Workers World Party
- Joe Iosbaker- Committee to Stop FBI Repression, Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!
- Margaret Kimberley - Black Agenda Report
- Judy Bello - Fellowship of Reconciliation, Upstate Coalition to Ground the Drones and End the Wars
- Bernadette Ellorin - BAYAN, USA, Workers World Party affiliate
- Representative Muslim Peace Coalition, USA
- Abayomi Azikiwe- Pan African News Wire, Michigan Emergency Committee Against War and Injustice, Workers World Party
- Jeff Mackler San Francisco UNA
Coordinating Committee of Hands Off Syria Coalition
- Bahman Azad, Executive Board Member and Organizational Secretary, U.S. Peace Council
- Mark Burton, Board Member, Alliance for Global Justice; Member of International Committee, National Lawyers Guild
- Dr. Issa Chaer, Board of Syria Solidarity Movement and Syrian Social Club, UK
- Gerry Condon, National Board Vice President, Veterans for Peace
- Sara Flounders, Co-Director, International Action Center
- Margaret Kimberley, Editor and Senior Columnist, Black Agenda Report
- Joe Lombardo, Co-Coordinator, United National Anti-War Coalition
- 20, 2002 International A.N.S.W.E.R. CSPAN Rally Activists representing various groups met on the Ellipse in Washington, DC to voice their support for a Palestinian
- [WW http://www.workers.org/pdf/2003/ww013003.pdf Jan. 30, 2003]
- Struggle heats up vs. Iraq war funding, By Monica Moorehead. New York Feb 21, 2007
- Committee to Stop FBI Repression: Solidarity Statements (accessed on Oct. 6, 2010)
- War Is A Crime .org: Ahmadinejad Meets With U.S. Peace Activists, Sept. 27, 2010 (accessed on Oct. 12, 2010)
- [http://panafricannews.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-dinner-with-mahmoud-ahmadinejad.html Pan-African News Wire, Sunday, September 26, 2010 My
- [Chttps://www.unacpeace.org/about.html, UNAC administrative committee]
- Off Syria Coalition about, accessed December 15, 2016