Communist Party USA
On June 1, 1975, Sandy Patrinos was elected both as executive secretary of the District Board, and as a member of the District Committee of the Pennsylvania Communist Party at the Party's District Convention.
Communist Party dissidents
On November 15-16 1991, 30 dissident members of the National Committee of the Communist Party USA convened a meeting to "sign a statement of events" - most or all signatories were soon to break with the party and were later to form Committees of Correspondence.
The signatories included Sandy Patrinos, Illinois;
Communist Party reformer
In 1991, Sandy Patrinos, Illinois, was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party" - most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992, Sandy Patrinos, Illinois chair CoC, endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Women The women's movement: a critical factor in the economic, political and social life of the U.S. today. What should be the theoretical and practical response of the left?
- Angela Davis, Professor of History of Consciousness, UC Santa Cruz
- Roma Guy, Director, San Francisco Women's Building
- Sandy Patrinos, Women for Racial and Economic Equality, Chicago
- Cathy Tashiro, health care worker and designer of programs on workplace diversity
Jack Siegel tribute
special guest included State Senator Jesus Garcia, Alderman Helen Shiller, Harold Rogers from the Coalition of Black Trade Unionists, Carole Travis from the UAW, Larry Reagan from the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union, Bernice Bild from the Coalition for New Priorities, Camille Odeh, from the Coalition of Palestinian Women and Meca Sorrentini from the Puerto Rican Socialist Party
Committees of Correspondence
On February 26 1994 a Midwest Regional Meeting of Committees of Correspondence was held at West Lafayette, Indiana.
Participants included Sandy Patrinos, Chicago.
In 1997 Sandy Patrinos served on the National Co-Ordinating Committee of the Committees of Correspondence.
- WREE First national conference newsletter
- WREE Chicago mailing list, May 2, 1985, Sandy Patrinos papers, Tamiment Library, New York
- New District Leadership -- Elected at District Convention, June 1, 1975, Sandy Patrinos Files, Box 1, Tamiment Library, Robert F. Wagner Labor Archives, New York University
- List of those NC members who signed statement of events at meeting of 11/15-16/91
- Addendum to Initiative document
- CCDS Background
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- CoC newletter, Oct./Dec. 1993, page 5
- COC Midwest Regional Meeting running sheet
- CoC Corresponder November 1996/January 1997, Page 2