- 1 New Directions conference
- 2 Campaign for America's Future
- 3 Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011
- 4 "WAKE UP DEMOCRATS! Take Back the Country"
- 5 Economic Policy Institute
- 6 Wellstone Action
- 7 The American Prospect
- 8 RT broadcast
- 9 21st Century Democrats
- 10 Fred Ross award campaign
- 11 Roosevelt Institute
- 12 "Progressive Agenda"
- 13 2018 Demos Gala Host Committee
- 14 Sanders Institute Fellows
- 15 References
Robert B Reich is co-founding editorof the magazine The American Prospect. He served as the 22nd U.S. Secretary of Labor where he implemented the Family and Medical Leave Act, led a national fight against sweatshops in the U.S. and illegal child labor worldwide.
New Directions conference
- The conference, supported by DSA, will bring together activists, analysts and elected officials to develop new directions for the Democratic Party and the broad democratic left.
Initial sponsors of the event included Reps. Charles Hayes and Barney Frank, labor leaders William Winpisinger and Jack Sheinkman (ACTWU), Joyce Miller (ACTWU and CLUW) and Jack Joyce, (Bricklayers), feminist leaders Gloria Steinem and Judy Goldsmith and policy analysts Robert Kuttner, Jeff Faux and Eleanor Holmes Norton.
Robert Reich addressed the conference.
Campaign for America's Future
Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011
Robert Reich was one of the 158 speakers who addressed the Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011 . The Conference was hosted by the Institute for Policy Studies, and Democratic Socialists of America dominated Campaign for America's Future, 
"WAKE UP DEMOCRATS! Take Back the Country"
"WAKE UP DEMOCRATS! Take Back the Country" Conference, with Rob Reiner, Robert Reich, Robert Rosendahl, Rep. Hilda Solis, Rep. Henry Waxman, Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr., Rep. Dennis Kucinich, Ed Begley, Jr., Robert Borosage, Vincent Bugliosi, Warren Beatty, Susan Lerner, Rep. Maxine Waters, Roy Ulrich, Medea Benjamin, S. David Freeman, Peter Navarro, Hon. Jackie Goldberg, Harold Meyerson, Hon. Antonio Villaraigosa, Amy Wakeland, Bob Erlenbush, Hon. Eric Garcetti, Tom Hayden, Aqella Sherrills, Parke Skelton, & Lila Garrett. Sponsored by SCADA. L.A., CA, 6/24/01.
Economic Policy Institute
In 2009 Robert Reich was listed as a member of the Advisory Board of Wellstone Action, a Minnesota based organization based on the political legacy of that state’s late ‘progressive” Senator Paul Wellstone.
- Wellstone Action and Wellstone Action Fund combine to form a national center for training and leadership development for the progressive movement. Founded in January 2003, Wellstone Action's mission is to honor the legacy of Paul and Sheila Wellstone by continuing their work through training, educating, mobilizing and organizing a vast network of progressive individuals and organizations.
The American Prospect
The Russia Today Moscow-funded propaganda channel, aired a special program on Tuesday February 22, 2012, on how progressives in the U.S. can “Take Back the American Dream” by defeating Republicans. The propaganda effort was broadcast throughout the United States and produced in collaboration with major liberal groups such as the Campaign for America's Future, MoveOn.org and Demos, all of them George Soros funded.
The host was Thom Hartmann, who regards himself as the nation’s “number one” progressive radio talk-show host.
The “National Teach-In to Take Back the American Dream” featured Robert Reich, former U.S. Secretary of Labor; Heather McGhee of Demos; Leo Hindrey, a businessman and self-styled “Patriotic Millionaire;” Natalie Foster, the co-founder of Rebuild the Dream; and Robert Borosage of the Campaign for America's Future.
Nobody on the program, which also aired on DISH Network, DirectTV and the Free Speech TV Network, demonstrated any concern about appearing on a Moscow-funded channel to promote the “American dream.”
21st Century Democrats
- Carol Moseley Braun - Former U.S. Senator
- James Carville
- Don Fowler - Former chairman of the Democratic National Committee
- Robert B. Reich - Former Secretary of the U.S. Department of Labor, Clinton Administration
- Kathleen Kennedy Townsend - Former Maryland Lieutenant Governor
- David Wilhelm - Former chairman of the Democratic National Committee
Fred Ross award campaign
In early 2013, mainly Democratic Socialists of America aligned activists, together with many elected officials across the United States came together to urge President Barack Obama to award posthumously the Presidential Medal of Freedom to the legendary organizer, Fred Ross, Sr.. The Saul Alinsky trained radical was the first to organize people through house meetings, a mentor to both Cesar Chavez and DSAer Dolores Huerta, and a pioneer in Latino voter outreach since 1949 when he helped elect Communist Party USA affiliate Ed Roybal as Los Angeles’s first Latino council member, "Ross’ influence on social change movements remains strong two decades after his death in 1992".
Endorsers of the proposal included Robert Reich.
- Jim Dean
- Representative Rosa DeLauro
- Al From
- Katrina vanden Heuvel
- Representative Zoe Lofgren
- Senator Richard Lugar
- Dee Dee Myers
- Amy Overton
- Robert Reich
- Simon Rosenberg
- Rob Stein
- Jim Roosevelt
- Patricia Bauman
- Bill Perry
- John Podesta
- John Prendergast
- Robert Borosage
The Roosevelt Institute works closely with many progressive political and educational organizations to encourage public debate, promote sound public policy and involve students in the civic life of their communities. In addition, they are supportive of the efforts of a wide range of groups involved in similar progressive causes. Partners include:
Signers of New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's May 12, 2015 launched The Progressive Agenda to Combat Income Inequality included RRobert Reich.
2018 Demos Gala Host Committee
Honorary chairs of the 2018 Demos Gala Host Committee included Naomi Aberly, Sharon Alpert, Bob Bland, Charles Blow, Alan S. Davis, Alicia Garza, Mary Kay Henry, Anne Hess, Craig Kaplan, Gara LaMarche, Nancy Meyer and Marc Weiss, Craig Newmark, Hillary Pennington, Robert Reich, Frances Rodgers and Charles Rodgers, Anthony D. Romero, Linda Sarsour, Martin Schneider, Ted Snowdon and Duffy Violante, Katrina Vanden Heuvel, Darren Walker, John Walsh, Senator Elizabeth Warren, Lola West, Marianne Williamson.
Sanders Institute Fellows
The Sanders Institute Fellowship is comprised of leaders dedicated to transforming our democracy through the research, education, outreach and advancement of bold, progressive ideas and values.
Dr. Jane O'Meara Sanders, Prof. Robert Reich, The Honorable Nina Turner, Harry Belafonte, Prof. Jeffrey Sachs, Dr. Cornel West, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, Bill McKibben, Danny Glover, Benjamin Jealous Dr. Stephanie Kelton, Michael Lighty, Shaun King.
- CAF Co-Founders
- Our Future website: Take Back the American Dream 2011 Speakers (accessed on Sept. 22, 2011)
- The American Prospect website: Masthead (accessed on Nov. 15, 2009)
- Full Show 2/21/12: The "National Teach-in to Take Back the American Dream" Special, Submitted by Thom Hartmann A... on 22. February 2012 - 8:32
- 21st Century Democrats Advisory Board
- Momentum Builds for Honoring Legendary Organizer Fred Ross, by Randy Shaw, 2013-03-05
- Roosevelt History Roosevelt Institute, October 29, 2010
- National Advisory Board Roosevelt Institute, October 29, 2010
- Partners Roosevelt Institute, October 29, 2010
- http://progressiveagenda.us/signers SIGNERS OF THE PROGRESSIVE AGENDA TO COMBAT INCOME INEQUALITY]