- 1 Labor activism
- 2 Democratic Socialists of America
- 3 How Class Works
- 4 Center for Labor Renewal
- 5 Support for Bernie Sanders
- 6 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 7 Beyond Shell Shock
- 8 Endorsing Fetonte
- 9 References
Rand Wilson is communications coordinator at the AFL-CIO Organizing Dept.'s Center for Strategic Research. He has worked as a union organizer and “labor communicator” for more than twenty years. He was s based in Massachusetts
While at Local 285, he was actively involved in health care reform, helping to spearhead a statewide Jobs with Justice Health Care Action Day and “Take a Break for Health Care,” a short on-the-job membership education program.
Democratic Socialists of America
Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Awards Reception
On June 12, 2001, Rand Wilson was a supporter of the annual Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Awards reception which is hosted by Boston Democratic Socialists of America. The Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Award is presented to "leaders who fight for democracy, here at home and around the world". Ed Clark, Honorary Vice Chair of Democratic Socialists of America; and Communist Party USA-linked Dessima Williams received the Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Award, while DSAer John Maher received the Michael Harrington Lifetime Achievement Award. DSAer David Knuttunen; Boston-based "social justice" organization Neighbor to Neighbor; and In These Times members Abby Rockefeller and Lee Halprin were benefactors of the reception. The reception took place at the home of DSAer Marcia Peters and her husband David Karaus in Jamaica Plain.
2013 DSA Awards
The 2013 Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Awards, sponsored by Boston Democratic Socialists of America, took place June 7.
DSA is "proud to honor three of Boston’s best activists at this year’s annual awards reception: Jennifer Doe, Shelagh Foreman, and Andi Mullin". Honorary Chairs for the event were Brian Corr, Director of the Cambridge Peace Commission; Harris Gruman, Political Director for Massachusetts SEIU; State Representative Denise Provost, and Rand Wilson, SEIU Local 888. 
DSA Speakers Bureau
How Class Works
At the How Class Works - 2002 Conference, panels included; 6.2 Recent Strike Experiences
“ CWA and the Verizon Strike”
“ The 1996 California Drywallers’ Strike”
- Peter Olney, UC Berkeley – Institute for Labor and Employment
“ Resurrecting the Strike as Labor’s Primary Weapon”
“ Justice for Janitors in Los Angeles”
- Rand Wilson, Service Employees International Union
“ The Teamsters and UPS”
Center for Labor Renewal
Support for Bernie Sanders
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Rand Wilson.
Beyond Shell Shock
Beyond Shell Shock: Labor after the Trump disaster was hosted by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday, February 26 at 8 PM - 9:30 PM.
- Join us in this webcast to take a hard look at the place we're in as a labor movement - and consider how we can make the labor movement be a leading force in the resistance to Trump and the fight for a better world.
- What's our strategy? What kinds of alliances do we need? Do we just play defense?
- In the face of National Right to Work, vicious attacks on workers of color in and out of the workplace, escalating divisions in the AFLCIO and the Democratic Party, and more we've got our work cut out for us. Let's figure out how to win.
Those invited included Rand Wilson.
- In these times bio, accessed march 3, 2011
- The Yankee Radical, June 2001, page 1
- TYR June 2013, page 1]
- How Class Works - 2002 Conference Schedule (accessed July 24 2010)
- [https://www.facebook.com/notes/austin-dsa/support-danny-fetonte-for-npc/1917815435143506/Support Danny Fetonte for NPC AUSTIN DSA·SUNDAY, JULY 23, 2017]