Peoples College of Law
Peoples College of Law of the National Lawyers Guild
The Peoples College of Law (PCL), was formed by the old Communist Party USA legal front, the National Lawyers Guild in 1974, and "first opened in September 1974 with only a first-year curriculum. Starting in September 1975, the school will offer a second-year curriculum as well. Students with at least one year law school credits can apply for admission with advanced standing. All the regular admission requirements apply." (January, 1975, booklet).
The basic purpose of the PCL was to give a legal education to those on the Left as a way of bringing them into the "movement", despite claims to the contrary.
Personnel and Staff of the PCL
January 1975 signers of a letter to "Dear Applicant", for the Admissions Committee:
Source: "Peoples College of Law of the National Lawyers Guild, Admissions Packet, 2228 West Seventh Street, Los Angeles, CA 90057
Faculty and Staff, Spring Semester, 1975 booklet:
- Ernest Aubrey - B.A, J.D., St. Mary's College, Loyola University School of Law - "Legal Process"
- Gerald Blank - B.A., J.D., San Fernando Valley College, Loyola University School of Law - "Legal Process"
- Gerald Chaleff - B.A., J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, Harvard Law School - "Criminal Law"
- Henry M. di Suvero - B.A., LL.B, University of California, Berkeley, Harvard Law School - "Criminal Law" (aka Henry diSuvero, Hank diSuvero) - an old CPUSA supporter who later turned Maoist
- Dorothy Doyle - B.A., M.A., Cal State, LA, Cal State, LA - "Language Skills & Composition"
- Michael Kogan - B.A., M.A., LL.B, University of California, Berkeley, Un. of Cal, Berkeley, Rutgers School of Law - "Legal Process"
- Barry Litt - B.A., J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Un. of California, Los Angeles - "Legal Process"
- Sam Rosenwein - B.S., LL.B, New York University, NYU - "Contracts"
- H. Elizabeth Steele - B.A., J.D., Central State University, University of Southern California - "Contracts"
- Michelle D. Washington - B.A., J.D., University of Southern California, Un. of California, Los Angeles - "Torts"
The New Faculty for Spring 1975 Semester (an insert into this booklet)
- Annyclene Abraham - B.A., J.D., Indiana University, Indiana Un. of Law, Greater Watts Justice Center - Torts
- Neil Herring - B.A., J.D., Yale University, Yale Law School; Co-Chairperson, Labor Law Panel of the NLG, So. Cal. Chapter - Legal Process
- Leonard Weinglass- B.A., J.D., George Washington University, Yale Law School; Counsel in Chicago 7 and Pentagon Papers cases - Legal Process - a protege of William Kunstler and his marxist-dominated law firm and radical school of legal subversion
- Michael Yamamoto - B.A., J.D., California State College, Los Angeles, University of California, L.A.; Deputy Public Defender - Criminal Law
- Gary Blasi
- Linda Ferguson
- Betty Jackson
- Cary Lowe
- Adrian Panton
- Carmen Ramirez
- Maria Rodriquez
- Mark Rosenbaum
- Steve Sanora