Mary Jo Connelly
Mary Jo Connelly... is a member of Freedom Road Socialist Organization and it’s Eco-Justice Work Team who raises children, builds community and fights imperialism in Somerville, Massachusetts.  She is a Researcher / Organizer at Professional Staff Union, UMass Boston. Her partner is Jeffrey L. Teixeira.
"Economic Development for Whom?"
- Abstract: The authors describe instances of various unions in Massachusetts working with community organizations to undertake local economic development initiatives and address policies pertaining to this. They document the experiences and perceptions of various individuals involved, and the experiences of the unions trying to alter the state's corporate model of development. They list alternatives to modernist development.
Center for Labor Renewal
Green Justice Coalition
- Lisa Clauson - Co-Director
- Darlene Lombos - Co-Director
- Mary Jo Connelly - Research Director
- Soledad Boyd - Senior Organizer
- Jeremy Shenk - Senior Organizer
- Mike Prokosch - Communications and Training
In December 2013 Freedom Road Socialist Organization's Claire Tran asked fellow activists Cameron Barron, Mary Jo Connelly, Jamala Rogers, Peter Hardie, and Montague Simmons to share their reflections after the death of Nelson Mandela. They talked about his life and the influence and lessons from the anti-apartheid movement.
"Roxbury Rally for Good Jobs! Stop Gentrification and Eviction!"
65 Warren St, Boston, Monday 6 October 2014, 17:00, organized by Boston Jobs Coalition
- The Boston that we love is increasingly unaffordable for poor and working class people in our neighborhoods. Meanwhile, billions of new dollars are flowing into the city to develop luxury housing and high end commercial space. We demand a Right to the City...
Those signalling their intention to attend on Wherevent included Phillip Reason, Andy Moxley, An Duong, Ester Serra Luque, Tu Anh Phan, Sarita Simpson, Aslin Perez, Rene E. Mardones, Jeffrey Nunes,Woody J. Vainqueur, Nodeos Sully, Allistair Mallillin, Hendrix Rose Berry, Jamie Bergeron, Christine Maguire, Lorrayne Shen, Carl Williams, Seth Newman, Amy Banelis, Steve Kirschbaum, Marv McMoore, Jr., Remy Valeros, Edmond Caldwell, Angela Kelly, Demianna Angelica Secondino, Peter Scott Rider, Dana Mendes, Jeff Durham, Mattie Loyce, Timothy Hall, Donald Cronin, Deborah D. Dancy, Philip Stango, Austin Williams, Monicka Majesky, LaDarro LD Hagans, Remy Valeros, Chandana Cherukupalli, Jean Charles, Teenah Maria Denyse, Gul Hatt, Priscilla Banks, Leon Rivera, Jason Lydon, Bhavin Patel, David Noiles, Lisa Husniyyah Owens Pinto, Sara Sheridan, Carolyn Chou, Curtis Rollins, Mukaji Gigi, Brian Shea, Carolyn Chou, Mike Horne, Chrislene DeJean, Mary Jo Connelly, Elizabeth Saunders, Leonardo March, Matt Parker, Jeffrey Nunes, Frank Neisser, Karen Narefsky, Crystal Rizzo, Mimi Turchinetz, Doyle Canning, Ashley Rose, Nodeos Sully, Darnell Johnson, Handel Dixon, Exkluzive Sanchez , Gianluca Baù, Troy Neves, Clayton Nino Brown, Sheena Collier, Judith Glaubman.
"Organize the South"
In February 2016, Jeffrey Lichtenstein with Mary Jo Connelly and Cazembe Jackson Jasmine Wallace, Thomas Wayne Walker, Karly Safar, Dennis O'Neil, Anjie Martian-Princess were selling an "Organize the South" poster on the Freedom Road Socialist Organization Facebook page.
FRSO election plan
Mary Jo Connelly supported the Freedom Road Socialist Organization 2016 election plan.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those indicating they would attend, on Facebook included Mary Jo Connelly.
- http://freedomroad.org/2010/12/making-1000-cancuns-on-december-7-building-an-international-peoples-movement-for-climate-justice/ FRSO Making 1,000 Cancúns on December 7: Building an International People’s Movement for Climate Justice Posted on Wednesday December 1st, 2010]
- TYR, Sep. 2009
- CLU website: Leadership
- [http://freedomroad.org/2013/12/remember-struggle-and-be-transformed-by-the-struggle-reflecting-on-the-passing-of-nelson-mandela/ FRSO “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela Posted on Thursday December 12th, 2013 by FRSO/OSCL]
- Wherevent "Roxbury Rally for Good Jobs! Stop Gentrification and Eviction!"
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109