Maria Lorena Barros
Maria Lorena Barros is a Los Angeles activist.
Red Guards study meeting
- Join the Red Guards - Los Angeles as we continue with a basic Marxist-Leninist-Maoist study group right here in Boyle Heights, out of La Concha every other Saturday.
- For this Saturday we continue our focus on how anti-revisionist Marxist-Leninists, followers of Mao Tse-Tung Thought and early Maoists applied Maoism in the U.S. beginning in the late 60s during the New Communist Movement. Some of the groups we will be studying include the Black Panther Party for Self Defense (BPPSD), the Revolutionary Union/RCP, League of Revolutionary Struggle, August 29th Movement, Revolutionary Communist League, etc.
- CURRENT TOPIC: Bay Area Revolutionary Union - Revolutionary Union (early RCPUSA)
Those signalling intention to attend on the Whenever page for the event included Clair Orozco, Osa Yo No Se, Xeres Villanueva, Behrooz Navaii, Alex Marroquin, Danny Chavez, Abimael Lucio Sucio, Mahmood Shabazz, Javier Salazar, Apurba Muktikami , Jilla Savi, Josefina La China, Facundo Rompe, Andrielle Simone, Maria Lorena Barros, Maryann Aguirre.
"Women hold up half the sky"
Join us this March 8th to celebrate International Women’s Day! Revolution needs women and women need Revolution. A movement should be judged by the participation of women and we aim to honor the heroic contributions of women revolutionary comrades, learn their stories and remember their names! Presented by a panel of feminist activists and hosted by Red Guards Austin.
The event, "Women hold up half the sky" was hosted by Red Guards Austin.
Those indicating their intention to attend on Wherevent included Rachel Harris, Norah Andrea La Torre, Pamela Del Valle, Tee Luke, Alma Buena, Sophia Nachalo, Christina Crowley, Gillian Poirot, Merryn McNeil, Ashley Hurst, Anna Parris, Marleen Villanueva, AuDee Salinas, Annaliese Krumnow, Lynn Cowles, Caroline Eck, Victoria Grefer, Amanda Vickery, Joshua Mayhew, Dallas Hogan, Collin Pelletier, Julian Copado, Scott Grimes, Ramsey Doany, Kyle Joseph, Facundo Rompe, Karl Herrera, Nick Sheffield, Joseph Robertson, Devin E. Mardvich, Scan Reason, Maria Lorena Barros, Lindsay J. Porter, Benjamin Blowe, Staso Stubljar, Steven Walters, Zach Guerinot.
A Night of Solidarity with Manipur
- Join us as we explore the national liberation struggle by the people of Manipur, India, and the Maoist Communist Party of Manipur, as they fight against capitalism and Indian state repression. We will be showing brief videos, discussing the overall revolution in India and how communists can and must show solidarity with national liberation movements.
- The event is organized by the Red Guards - Los Angeles (branch of the New Communist Party - Liaison Committee) out of La Concha, a community space of the Ovarian Psyco-Cycles, a East Los Angeles and Boyle Heights-based radical womyn of color bicycling collective.
- We will be exploring the role of communists in Manipur, and the larger context of India - studying the role of the Communist Party of India (Maoist) and their ongoing revolution against the state of India.
- We will have a special performance from award-winning revolutionary poet Matt Sedillo, a long-time ally and supporter of revolutionary movements in and outside the U.S.
Those signalling intention to attend on the Whenever page for the event included Sivarraya Ande Phakpiseth, Liklai Khonbi Chanu, Guadalupe Sanchez, Nancy Zuniga, Maryann Aguirre, Marc Durougeot, Bravia Tsai, Samson Ngangom, Khanganba Haorokcham, Premjit Mainam, Phampok Mangangcha, David Sheng, Dallas Hogan, Malem Keisam, Kritivash Aribam, Bndzs Naorem, Aspen Miller, Juan Pablo Guevara, Aspen Miller, Bravia Tsai, Naorem Yennou, William Palomino, Ali Tweini, Facundo Rompe, Ramakanta Haorokcham, Joy Wahengbam, Maria Lorena Barros, Zohair Asad Shamsi, Behrooz Navaii, Abir Hasan, Julio Crvnts, Angel Olin Juarez, Evan Beaufort, Jack Ngxom, Nongda Tarangchhen, Moirangthem Joybhusan, Lanheiba Luwang, Nabam Tayiir, Ângelo Cassenotte, Tolen Len, Shyamananda Sapam, Korou Konsam, Licenciado Rodrigo Valles, Matt Sedillo, Arnold Maisnam, Robin Khumancha, Momocha Jazz, Leisem Yum, Njabulo Mkhululi Matshikiza, Rajesh Yumnam, Kjell Gunnar Larsen, Den Molotov, Felicia Gomez Verdin, Atul Pathak, Amber Jeremie, Harish Sing, Marlon Stern, Ishan Chandam, Poleen Lamabam, Pareihanba Meetei Pheiroijam, Alex Marroquin, Kiran Moirangthem, Meetei Leichil, Cihuatl Ce, Rockey Meitei Saphaba, Stephanie Abrego, Chingalakpa Meitei, Perla Madera, Eugene Hernandez, Poton Khundrakpam, Gunamani Lai, Bilari Cat, Athoiba Ngangom, Luwangcha Herojit Meitei, Danny Chavez, Angel Olin Juarez, Lamnganba Kangleicha, Chalam Moirangthem, Khamba Khuman, Paokhong Meitei, Telheiba Ningthoujam, Peder Rena, Alexander Vogel, Mark Ferguson, Laija Luwang, Njabulo Mkhululi Matshikiza, Changkhonbi Chanu, Leisem Yum, Gloria TepiliUelia, Takhatpa Meitei, Abimael Lucio Sucio, Muthat-heibi Mamomloi, Tompok Mangangcha, Roni Abem, Evie X. Martinez , Anu Khumanthem, Victoria Velasco, Danielle Boss, .
Los Angeles Supports the Kurdish Resistance!
Red Guards - Los Angeles organized a meeting 5055 Wilshire Blvd,Los Angeles, Thursday 13 August 2015, "Los Angeles Supports the Kurdish Resistance!".
- After the continued attacks on Kurdish resistance fighters and their supporters in Kurdish territories occupied by Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran, international calls have been made for organizations to act in solidarity with the courageous Kurds in their fight for national liberation and self determination.
- The revolutionaries of the PKK, YPG, YPJ, PJAK, YRK and other groups are involved in an armed struggle against the reactionary states in the Middle East and the reactionary Daesh (“Islamic” State).
- International League of Peoples' Struggle - ILPS Southern California (ILPS-Southern California), the Black Rose Anarchist Federation / Federación Anarquista Rosa Negra, Red Guards - Los Angeles (of the Liaison Committee for a New Communist Party Party), the Indigenous Peoples Liberation Party - Califas Region ( IPLP-Califas Region) and other organizations call upon as many progressive groups who uphold national liberation and self determination for all oppressed peoples to come out Thursday, Aug. 13 in front of the Turkish Consulate of Los Angeles to rally and protest the reactionary and oppressive Republic of Iraq, Iran, Syria and especially Turkey.
- Biji Rojava! Rohava lives!
Those signalling intention to attend on the Whenever page for the event included Agus Supriyanto, Jane Shi, Isil Guler, Heval Kobani, Marcos Caloca, Jeff Cerny, Joaquin Cienfuegos, Juan Pablo Guevara, Ricardo Lomeli, Maria Lorena Barros, Nicky Danesh, Beatriz Tzintzuni, Tonalpohualli Ah Tabai-Zacatzontli Arevalos, Dylan Schwayne, Jocelyne Gomez, Raysuli Williams, David Sheng, Michael DeHart, Alan Warsaw, Johnathan Rivera, Heather Mews, Erica Segura, Bases D. Madera, Jaye Jo, Vedric Saran, Eli Rusakov, Jon Laks, Hawzhin Azeez, Joel Palacios, Chaac Anubes, Katie J. Neverr, Alfredo Murillo, Victoria Velasco, Tony Bautista, Garrick Ruiz, Sayid Nim, Nuri Nuri, JulioMarquez Montero, Seth Ashernasserpal, Robert Donald Weide, Xochipitzahua De Maiz, Yady Arroyo, Johnny Cash, Arîn-Xezal Nesari, Rast Kalo, Maryann Aguirre, Josefina La China, Danny Chavez, Abimael Lucio Sucio, Todd Everett Griffin, Facundo Rompe, Jose Diogo, Eric Asko Lara, Jorge Rivas, Khang Tran, .
International Women’s Day, 2018
Women from the national liberation struggles and the working class were honored at Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!’s annual event in Chicago, March 10 2018, to celebrate International Women’s Day. More than 60 activists heard about the Black liberation movement icons, Marion Stamps and Sylvia Woods.
Joy Sales of the Filipina women’s group, GABRIELA, shared the story Maria Lorena Barros, a martyr of the Philippines national democratic revolution, and founder of MAKIBAKA, a militant women’s organization.
- [Not-Just-Another-Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Study-Group Whenever, [Not] Just Another Marxist-Leninist-Maoist Study Group]
- Guards Austin March 28, 2015 · With Meli LaSalle, Vonds Dubuisson, Ada Yaeger, Norah Andrea La Torre and Michelle Uche at MonkeyWrench Books.
- Wherevent "Women hold up half the sky
- Wherevent "A Night of Solidarity with Manipur"
- Los Angeles Supports the Kurdish Resistance!
- Women’s Day in Chicago By staff | March 11, 2018