Margie Akin ...
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 Margie Akin, candidate for House of representatives, Riverside California, endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Electoral What should be the place of electoral activity on the left's agenda? What would be an effective strategy for this year, the 90s and beyond?
- Yolanda Alaniz, candidate for Seattle City Council
- Bill Collins, a founder of Citizens for Proportional Representation, Cincinnati, Ohio
- James Vann, national co-chair, National Committee for Independent Political Action, Oakland
- Victoria Missick, teacher & multi-cultural movement, NY
- Dr. Margie Akin, Peace and Freedom candidate, 40th CD, Riverside, CA
- Keith Carson, Legal Aide to Rep. Ron Dellums, Oakland
- Arthur Kinoy, National co-chair, NCIPA, Montclair, NJ
- Sam Perez, Puerto Rican political activist, NY
- Mark Allen, legislative aide, John George, Alameda County Supervisor
Peace and Freedom Party
- CCDS Background
- [http://www.nathannewman.org/EDIN/.left/CoC/.conference/.election.html, Committees of Correspondence Conference, July 19,1992 Final Corrections to the Balloting Committee Report by Steve Willett]
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)