- 1 Background
- 2 Activism
- 3 Personnel
- 4 Congress
- 5 Democratic Primary candidates
- 6 Campaign Manager
- 7 Justin Snider's supporters
- 8 Atheist endorsement
- 9 Susan Sarandon donates to Snider for Congress!!
- 10 DSA North Texas Closed Facebook Group
- 11 DSA Fort Worth Closed Facebook Group
- 12 Meeting Ellison
- 13 "Wholesome Meme Stash"
- 14 References
Born and raised in Arlington, TX, Justin Snider grew up spending much of his time learning about electronics, construction, farming, business, and financial responsibility from his Parents, Aunt, Uncle and Grandparents. In his mid-twenties, Justin pursued work as a Locksmith. After working for a local company, he later decided to venture out on his own. April 2017 marks ten years that he’s been in business for himself.
This professional success allowed him to get heavily involved in the Bernie Sanders campaign. Alongside other community leaders, he lead the efforts to organize the grassroots movement behind the local campaign as well as the delegates headed for state convention. Due to his success, he later earned a place as a National delegate to the Democratic Convention. Once the campaign ended in summer of 2016, his efforts became focused on pushing for progressive issues and policies at a local level.
According to Democracy for America;
- Snider’s a Feminist, champion for Civil Rights, LGBT rights, Women’s' Rights. Justin is an advocate for Immigrant rights and was a huge part of the fight against Texas Senate Bill 4, a bill written by Republicans in Texas to allow racial profiling in order to check immigration status. Justin is pro-Union and believes in smashing corporate enterprises that continue to make money on the American workers back. Snider’s Pro-Choice & believes in a Woman's right to choose her reproductive path. Justin stands against Police Brutality in Black & Latino Communities. Justin stands for Students to receive a fair and equal public education no matter the color or gender of the student, and free or lower tuition costs to eliminate mass debt accrued by the average college graduate. Justin believes that no one should be held back for race or gender in the workplace, and stands for reform in laws in workplace practice and hiring. Justin has worked for environmental rights, including stopping the Keystone pipeline.
Democratic Socialists of America Fort Worth February 20, 2017 ·
Texas Sanders Delegate Justin Snider is running for congress to represent the state's 6th district in 2018 against Republican incumbent, Congressman Joe Barton (R-TX).
Democratic Primary candidates
Kelly Miller, Campaign Manager.
Justin Snider's supporters
- Nuri Hamby
- Kelly Miller
- Stephen Snider
- Christi Rodgers
- Dakota Rudzik
- Tom Marcantel
- Lizzie Maldonado
- Ester Weiss
- Al Woolum
- Tabitha Williams
October 6, 2017-Justin Snider, Democratic Candidate for US House of Representatives, Texas-District 06, received an official 2018 Endorsement from Freethought Equality Fund (FEF) PAC in Washington, D.C. Freethought Equality Fund is committed to support candidates who share the belief in the separation of church and state and in defending civil liberties of all Americans.
Susan Sarandon donates to Snider for Congress!!
Arlington, TX-Political activist, humanitarian, and Academy Award winning actress Susan Sarandon has donated to Justin Snider for Congress! Ms. Sarandon was an outspoken supporter for Senator Bernie Sanders during the 2016 primary, in which Snider was a National Delegate. Sarandon continues to speak out against injustice and bias in our nation’s broken political system.
- “I want to personally thank Ms. Sarandon for her donation and her action at the 2016 National Convention. Her presence (as well as the crowds of fellow activists at the convention), to urge the DNC to choose the strongest candidate to go against Trump, helped us gain strength as we walked into the convention where we were not wanted and propped us back up as we left. As Hillary Clinton was trailing by 5 points in the polls at that time, and Bernie Sanders was well ahead, we saw the loss to the Republicans in June of 2016, rather than in November as the rest of the Nation saw it. So thank you Susan Sarandon for your fight, you are a warrior for justice and I’ll continue to fight with you.”-
Mr. Snider is running to represent District 6, which includes most of Arlington, Mansfield and Ellis and Navarro counties. This seat has been held by Republican Congressman Joe Barton since 1984. Snider for Congress is extremely honored that Susan has chosen our campaign to donate too and we continue to stand as the progressive voice for change in District 6.
DSA North Texas Closed Facebook Group
DSA Fort Worth Closed Facebook Group
"Wholesome Meme Stash"
Members of the Democratic Socialists of America Wholesome Meme Stash closed Facebook group, accessed November 14, 2017 included Justin Snider.