- 1 National Center for Economic Alternatives
- 2 Supported DSA conference
- 3 Economic Policy Institute
- 4 1995 DSA National Conference
- 5 Campaign for America's Future
- 6 "NAFTA at seven"
- 7 "Dissent" magazine
- 8 The American Prospect
- 9 National Jobs For All Coalition
- 10 Detroit DSA forum
- 11 "Progressive Agenda"
- 12 References
Jeff Faux has researched, written and published studies on a wide variety of subjects, from the global economy to neighborhood community development — and from monetary policy to political strategy.
He is the author of "The Global Class War" (Wiley 2005).
In addition, Faux has worked as an economistwith the U.S. Office of Economic Opportunity and the U.S. Departments of State, Commerce and Labor. He also has management experience in the financial industry.
Previously, Jeff Faux worked as a consultant to governments at all levels, businesses, labor unions and community and citizen organizations.
He serves on the boards of directors of several national organizations and two national magazines — and received a presidential appointment to the National Advisory Council on Economic Opportunity.
Faux is also founder and steering committee member of the Global Policy Network – an international group of think-tanks in both developed and developing countries. Faux has worked as an economist with the U.S. Office of Economic Opportunity and the U.S. Departments of State, Commerce, and Labor. He has management experience in the finance industry. He has been a small-business man, a blueberry farmer, and a member of a municipal planning board in the state of Maine.
National Center for Economic Alternatives
Supported DSA conference
- The conference, supported by DSA, will bring together activists, analysts and elected officials to develop new directions for the Democratic Party and the broad democratic left.
Initial sponsors of the event included Reps. Charles Hayes and Barney Frank, labor leaders William Winpisinger and Jack Sheinkman (ACTWU), Joyce Miller (ACTWU and CLUW) and Jack Joyce, (Bricklayers), feminist leaders Gloria Steinem and Judy Goldsmith and policy analysts Robert Kuttner, Jeff Faux and Eleanor Holmes Norton.
Economic Policy Institute
Jeff Faux is the founding president and a distinguished fellow of the Economic Policy Institute in Washington, DC.
1995 DSA National Conference
The 1995 Democratic Socialists of America National conference was held November 10-12 in Washington DC.
- Ron Dellums
- Bogdan Denitch
- Barbara Ehrenreich
- Jeff Faux
- Monica Green
- Heidi Hartmann
- Dorothy Healey
- Jose LaLuz
- Cornel West
Campaign for America's Future
"NAFTA at seven"
The Democratic Socialists of America dominated Economic Policy Institute, convened a conference — May 23, 2001, Cannon House Office Building, U. S. Congress, Washington, D.C. " Read NAFTA at Seven"
- Rep.Marcy Kaptur (D-Ohio)
- Jeff Faux, President, Economic Policy Institute
- Robert Scott, Director of International Programs, EPI
- Bruce Campbell, Executive Director, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- Lisa Fuentes, board member, Washington Office on Latin America, and the Institute for Policy Studies
Bernard Avishai, Joanne Barkan, David Bensman, Marshall Berman, Paul Berman , H Brand, David Bromwich, Luther Carpenter , Jean L. Cohen, Mitchell Cohen, Bogdan Denitch , Jeff Faux, Cynthia Fuchs Epstein, Todd Gitlin, Murray Hausknecht, Agnes Heller, Jeffrey Isaac, Michael Kazin , Martin Kilson, Erazim Kohak, William Kornblum, Jeremy Larner, Susie Linfield, Kevin Mattson, Deborah Meier, Harold Meyerson, Nicolaus Mills , Jo-Ann Mort, Brian Morton, Carol O'Cleireacain, George Packer, Martin Peretz, Anson Rabinbach, Ruth Rosen, James Rule, Alan Ryan, Patricia Cayo Sexton, Jim Sleeper, Ann Snitow, Cornel West, Sean Wilentz, Dennis Wrong.
The American Prospect
National Jobs For All Coalition
Detroit DSA forum
Signers of New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's May 12, 2015 launched The Progressive Agenda to Combat Income Inequality included Jeff Faux - founder Economic Policy Institute.
- The Daily Princetonian, April 24, 1980, page 2
- Mother Jones, May 1982, page 32
- Dem. Left July/Aug. 1995, page 23
- CAF Co-Founders
- http://www.epi.org/event/nafta-at-seven/, EPI website NAFTA at seven]
- The American Prospect website: Masthead (accessed on Nov. 15, 2009)
- National Jobs For All Coalition: Who We Are (accessed on Nov. 16, 2010)
- Greater Detroit Democratic Socialists of America DDDSA newsletter, September 2010 Volume 11, Issue 5
- http://progressiveagenda.us/signers SIGNERS OF THE PROGRESSIVE AGENDA TO COMBAT INCOME INEQUALITY]