Isaiah Toney is an Organizer Washington D.C. Metro Area Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment.
The George Washington University.
Movement Activist Apprenticeship Program
Washington Peace Center award
On December 8, 2010, the Washington Peace Center hosted their 6th Annual Activist Awards Grassroots Gala, at All Souls Church and" celebrate the hard work and successes of DC activists in creating a more just and peaceful world." IPS takes pride that our very own Marc Raskin is one of the recipients of this year's Activist Award! Join us for the activist party of the season!
The awardees were:
- Marcus Raskin, Institute for Policy Studies
- April Goggans, Marbury Plaza Tenants Association
- Ayize Sabater, MOMIES, TLC (Mentors of Minorities in Education's Total Learning Cis-Tem)
- Ayo Handi-Kendi, African American Holiday Association
- Cheryl Barnes, National Coalition for the Homeless
- Isaiah Toney, DC Jobs with Justice and GW student
- Johnny Bairnes, ACLU of the National Capitol Region
- Mike Marceau, Veterans for Peace and Montgomery Peace Action
- Rosa Lozano, CASA de Maryland
- Walda Katz-Fishman, DC Metro Social Forum and Howard University
"A stronger global movement"
Sunday 18 November 2012, in Washington DC The Lucy Gonzalez Parsons Institute for Education and Justice convened "How can we build a stronger global movement, and what will it take to win? Hear perspectives on movement building from the US and the Philippines!"
With Bill Fletcher, Jr. Author, They’re Bankrupting Us! And 20 Other Myths about Unions Co-Author, Solidarity Divided: The Crisis in Organized Labor and a New Path toward Social Justice, Barbara Ehrenreich Author, Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting by in America and Bait and Switch: The (Futile) Pursuit of the American Dream, and Elmer Labog (via video) National Chairperson, Kilusang Mayo Uno, May First Workers Center in the Philippines.
Those signalling there intention to attend via the Wherevent website included Jon Liss, Cameron Barron, Graziela Santos, Samantha Miller, Sapna Pandya, Jane English, Naomi Demsas, Mishy Leiblum, Mackenzie Baris, Virginia Leavell, Betty Garman Robinson, Walda Katz-Fishman, Lillian Diallo, Liana Dalton, Rosa Lozano, Isaiah Toney, Rishi Awatramani, Shane Stewart, Chuck Hendricks - most of whom were associated with the Freedom Road Socialist Organization.