George Sandy is a Northern California activist.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 George Sandy, past president Congress of California Seniors, Oakland, endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Seniors Seniors and the struggle for radical social reform. What role for the left in their movement for health care, economic security and racial equality?
- Ida Kinney, president, Pacoima Interfaith Senior Club, So CA
- Helen Lima, Oakland Non-Partisan Legislative Club of Seniors
- George Sandy, past president, Congress of California Seniors
Endorsed Communist Party fund raiser
1999 May Day greetings
- CCDS Background
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- Peoples Weekly World, September 11, 1999
- Special May Day 1999 Supplement of the People's Weekly World