Donna Wilkinson is the widow of the late Frank Wilkinson.
New American Movement
Circa early 1980s Donna Wilkinson, Administrative Coordinator was listed as a contact for the Los Angeles Democratic Socialists of America Exectutive Committee. Wilkinson was also listed as serving on the Program Committee. At the bottom of the list was the statement, "Change the USA, work with DSA!".
Socialist Community School
Tribute to Ben Dobbs
On Sunday, June 7, 1981, the Los Angeles Chapter of the New American Movement sponsored a Tribute to Ben Dobbs for "His lifelong commitment to socialism". The event was held at the Miramar-Sheraton Hotel, Santa Monica, California. Wilkinson gave a welcome on behalf of the New American Movement at the event. Wilkinson also served on the Dinner Committee.
Los Angeles DSA
DSA Conference delegate
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992, Wilkinson of the Democratic Socialists of America of Los Angeles endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Los Angeles DSA potential donors list
On July 26 1992 California Democratic Socialists of America leader Steve Tarzynski wrote a draft "major donor letter" for Southern California DSA, inviting donors to join the Upton Sinclair Club of DSA
- We know you have been generous in supporting DSA's important work in the past. We'd like to develop a core of at least twelve people who will pledge 1,000 annually to keep our Organization working for Southern California DSA. We invite you to be one of those people. This select group of members and friends would have a key role in rebuilding a democratic left opposition in California.
- This unique group of individuals would form the "Upton Sinclair Club" which will act in an advisory role meeting with the Southern California DSA leadership at an annual brunch. Sinclair Club members will receive a quarterly bulletin reporting on Southern California DSA's progress, and will have an opportunity to meet international DSA spokespeople and international guest speakers in more intimate small group settings. Admission to all local, statewide, and national DSA events in the Southern California would be complimentary with membership in the Sinclair Club.
The draft was accompanied by a "List of Potential major donors to DSA"
- Peg Yorkin
- Margery Tabankin (has contacts to donors)
- Ed Asner
- Clark Branson
- Jan Breidenbach & Dan Stormer
- Paula Litt & Barrett Litt
- Ben Margolis
- John McTernan
- Paul Schrade & Monica Weil
- Marv Schacter
- Aris Anagnos
- Shirley Magidson
- Robert Foxworth & Elizabeth Montgomery
- Danny Goldberg
- Leon Goldin
- Nancy Shinno
- Mark Haendel
- Sarah Pillsbury
- Barbara Cohn
- Jackson Browne & Daryl Hannah
- Martin Sheen
- Frank Wilkinson & Donna Wilkinson
- Richard Saxon & Pauline Saxon
- Richard Dreyfuss
- Sol Londe & Jeanne Londe
- Stanley Sheinbaum & Betty Sheinbaum
- George Gaynes
- Clancy Sigal
- Bill Zimmerman
Upton Sinclair Club
In the early 1990s Frank Wilkinson and Donna Wilkinson, of Los Angeles, were members of the Upton Sinclair Club, of Democratic Socialists of America. The club consisted of wealthy Californians able to contribute significant donations to DSA.
In 1992, Democratic Socialists of America members Barbara Hooper and Donna Wilkinson hosted a radio program entitled "Voices from the Left: A Socialist Perspective", every other Friday at 5:00 pm on KPFK 90.7, the Los Angeles Pacifica station..
Los Angeles Democratic Socialists of America's November 13. 1993 Debs-Thomas Dinner, honored Hotel and Restaurant Employees Union leader Maria Elena Durazo, Los Angeles City Council member Jackie Goldberg, and longtime activist Donna Wilkinson.
Honoring Frank Wilkinson
Honoring CommitteeHonorary Co-chairpersons were;
- undated NAM contacts list Tarzynski papers Southern California Library for Social Change
- Socialist Community School Committee list, Feb. 1, 1980
- DSA contacts sheet
- Socialist Community School committee member list Feb 1982
- Tribute to Ben Dobbs program, June 7, 1981
- LA DSA members letter July 10 1982
- DSA Conference delegate list Oct. 12 1983 update
- Steve Tarzynski DSA major donor letter draft July 26, 1992, Tarzynski papers, Southern California Library for Social Change
- Sinclair Club membership list, Steve Tarzynski papers
- Dem. Left, Jan./Feb. 1993. page 9
- Dem. Left, Nov./Dec. 1993, page 14