Labor Campaign for Single Payer
In March 2009 the Labor Campaign for Single Payer Conference was held in Washington DC. Attendees included Anne Feeney, Kay Tillow and Walter Tillow, Jerry Tucker, Donna DeWitt, David Newby, Donna Smith, Tim Carpenter from Progressive Democrats of America, Dr. Margaret Flowers, John Conyers.
On May 15th, 2013 a national call-in was convened to promote Rep. John Conyers' bill H.R. 676, that would establish a non-profit, universal, single-payer health care program, an improved "Medicare for All" act.
- Quentin Young, M.D. - Single Payer Activist
- Thom Hartmann - National TV and Radio Host / Best-Selling Author
- Jean Ross - National Nurses United (NNU)
- Mark Dudzic - Labor Campaign For Single Payer
- Robert Score - IATSE-Local 1
- Willie Adams - International Longshore and Warehouse Union
- Kay Tillow - All Unions Committee for Single Payer Health Care--HR 676
- Tim Carpenter - Progressive Democrats of America
- Mimi Kennedy, Chair, Progressive Democrats of America
- Donna Smith - Chair, Healthcare not Warfare Campaign
- Benjamin Day - Healthcare NOW!
- Ture Turnbull - MassCare
- Maria Svart - Democratic Socialists of America
The People's Summit
At The People's Summit, Chicago 17-19 2016, a Saturday session was held "The People's Agenda";
Moderator Donna Smith - Progressive Democrats of America.
- Jesus "Chuy" Garcia - Commissioner, Cook County.
- Nina Turner - former Ohio State Senate.
- Tulsi Gabbard - Congressmember Hawaii.