Pete Zah Buffalo DSA Discussion Group, September 19 2017.
DSAers and LUPers spent over an hour with Shannon Patch, the head of Senator Schumer's Buffalo office this morning.
We had a frank, respectful and productive conversation with Ms Patch about Medicare for All at the state and federal levels as well as the new Trump bill.
There are now 17 co sponsors to the Bernie bill in the Senate and we remain one cosponsors short for the NY Health Act.
If you would like to add umph to this lobbying effort, feel free to send a followup call to Schumer's Buffalo office in support of medicare for all!
Rochester Public Facebook group
Facebook discussion group
November 7, 2017 city council seat victories for socialists include self-described democratic socialist Tristan Rader in Lakewood, Ohio; and Democratic Socialists of America members Denise Joy in Billings, Montana, who won by more than eight hundred votes; Charles Decker in New Haven, Connecticut; Justin Farmer in Hamden, Connecticut; and Joel Sipress who won with 67 percent of the vote in Duluth’s 2nd District. Democratic Socialists of America Buffalo vice chair Brian Nowak also won a seat in Cheektowaga, as did dues-paying Democratic Socialists of America member Ross Grooters, who ran a campaign championing clean water and living wages.
DSA elected official
- The Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) today (11/9/17) announced that its membership now includes 15 new elected officials. This is in addition to 20 elected already in offices around the United States. On Tuesday the DSA was represented in 25 elections across 13 different states. Four of those running have national endorsements from the DSA, and many others were supported by our local chapters.
Brian Nowak (D/WF) Town Council, Cheektowaga NY .
- Brian is a long-time resident who lives just across from Cheektowaga Town Park. He grew up minutes away from where he now resides, raised by a single mom with his younger and older brothers. He studied Education at SUNY Buffalo State, becoming the first in his family to graduate with a college degree. Brian has been a business manager in the town, with experience addressing budgetary issues and making a struggling operation profitable again. His recent work has been centered around political organizing and civic activism. Brian and his wife Holly have been happily married for ten years.
- The Trail Tapes: Where Does the Sanders Revolution Go Now? by JAKE HELLER and REBECCA DAVIS
- [https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/11/election-day-socialists-carter-brisport-jentzen-singh-krasner-dsa Jacobin Yesterday Was a Good Day BRANKO MARCETIC 11.08.2017]
- [ http://www.dsausa.org/15_dsa_members_elected DL 15 DSA Members Elected!, 2017 election Posted by Dsa 🌹 on 11.09.17 By Democratic Socialists of America]