In the mid-late 1970s Bob Master was active in the student labor solidarity movement and the New American Movement.
2000 WFP Convention
The New York Working Families Party 2000 Convention was held at the Desmond Hotel, March 26.
- Jim Duncan, WFP co-chair and statewide political director of the United Auto Workers
- Bertha Lewis, WFP co-chair and chair of New York ACORN
- Bob Master, WFP co-chair and statewide political director of the Communication Workers of America
- State Senator Eric Schneiderman
- Chris Silvera, Treasurer of Teamsters local 808
- Dennis Hughes, president New York Federation of Labor
- Jose Velazquez, Lithographers local 1 organizer
- Ed Vargas, director of the state council of UNITE
- Karen Scharff, executive director of Citizen Action New York
- Jim Hightower
- Maude Hurd, national chair of ACORN
- Bradley Erck, a rep. on the Niagara County legislature and UAW Local 686, legislative committee chair
- Larry Handley, President Amalgamated Transit Union
- Arthur Cheliotes, president of Communication Workers of America local 1180
- Hillary Clinton
Center for Working Families
Working Families Party
- Bob Master, who serves as party co-chair and the political director of the Communications Workers of America.
- Mike McGuire, resigned as WFP treasurer in August 2009.
- Dorothy Siegel, replacement Treasurer. Siegel is the chair of the Working Families Party South Brooklyn Club and is already the treasurer of the Working Families Organization, one of the many additional affiliates of the WFP. Siegel is employed at the Institute for Education and Social Policy at New York University.
In 2009 Non-voting assistant secretaries were;
- Alex Rabb, WFP staffer.
- Dan Cantor, WFP executive director and co-chair .
WFP spokesman is Dan Levitan.
Socialist Caucus at the DNC
Socialist Caucus at the DNC Wed, Jul 27, 2016 - William Way LGBTQ Center Philadelphia, PA.
The Democratic Socialists of America invites all DNC delegates, members and friends to the Socialist Caucus, featuring:
- Rahel Biru, New York DSA, activist in Debbie Medina NY State Senate campaign;
- Michael Lighty, Political Director of the National Nurses United, key organizer of The People's Summit;
- Bob Master, Legislative/Political Director, Communication Workers of America (District 1), Co-Chair New York Working Families Party;
- Ashley Rodriguez, El Chuco del Norte (El Paso) DSA and Bernie Sanders delegate to the DNC; and
- Maria Svart, National Director of the Democratic Socialists of America.
Cornel West resigned from the Platform Committee and didn't attend the Convention in protest against the Sanders’ campaign not filing minority reports, particularly on TPP and the Israeli occupation of the West Bank.
- We will miss Brother West at the Socialist Caucus, but the other speakers are fantastic (and stay tuned to this page for additional speakers)! Bring your friends and fellow delegates!
Over 300 Sanders activists attended Democratic Socialists of America’s “Socialist Caucus” on Wednesday afternoon, July 27th, 3016. In the audience were over 100 Sanders delegates, including most of DSA’s 55 member-delegates; they were joined by Larry Sanders, Senator Sanders’ brother, and the Senator’s son, Levi Sanders.
The enthusiastic audience heard from leaders of the two largest unions that backed Sanders. Michael Lighty, political director of National Nurses United (and former DSA national director) analyzed the “transformative,” anti-corporate nature of Sanders’ call for single-payer healthcare and a financial transactions tax to finance free public higher education. Communications Workers of America District One Legislative Director Bob Master argued that a post-Sanders political trend would have to broaden its racial basis and coordinate work around several key racial and economic justice demands.
DSA National Director Maria Svart, El Paso DSA activist and Sanders delegate Ashley Rodriguez, and New York City DSA Co-chair Rahel Biru outlined the role DSA locals play in multi-racial coalitions and electoral campaigns to fight for immigrant rights, affordable housing and democratic public education. Jose LaLuz, DSA vice-chair and veteran labor and Puerto Rican rights activist, brought down the house with an impassioned plea to end United States colonial rule in Puerto Rico. 
Beyond Shell Shock
Beyond Shell Shock: Labor after the Trump disaster was hosted by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday, February 26 at 8 PM - 9:30 PM.
- Join us in this webcast to take a hard look at the place we're in as a labor movement - and consider how we can make the labor movement be a leading force in the resistance to Trump and the fight for a better world.
- What's our strategy? What kinds of alliances do we need? Do we just play defense?
- In the face of National Right to Work, vicious attacks on workers of color in and out of the workplace, escalating divisions in the AFLCIO and the Democratic Party, and more we've got our work cut out for us. Let's figure out how to win.
NYC-DSA Socialist Day School
May 12th and May 13th, 2017, NYC-DSA will host a Socialist Day School that will investigate the influence these historical movements have on our current moment and what lessons we can learn as activists and organizers fighting for socialism today.
Speakers include: Jabari Brisport, Meghan Brophy, Maurice Isserman, Dan La Botz, Mark Levitan, Joseph Luders, Bob Master, Nivedita Majumdar, Yotam Marom, Maxine Phillips, Frances Fox Piven, Rene Rojas, Kristin Schall, Joseph Schwartz, Gay Semel, Reg Wilson.
- Peoples Weekly World, April 22, 2000, pages 10,11,
- Eventbrite WED, JUL 27 AT 1:30 PM, PHILADELPHIA, PA Socialist Caucus at the DNC By: Democratic Socialist of America
- DSA DSA Leads Socialist Caucus at DNCPosted by Joseph M. Schwartz on 08.12.16