Communist Party USA
Communist Party MLK tribute
We salute Dr. King’s courage and vision. He saw and struggled for an America and world that can be. We pledge in his memory to work to reorder our nation’s priorities “so that the pursuit of peace will take precedence over the pursuit of war.”
Communist Party Member
Asad Ali, Billie Penn Johnson, Denise Edwards, Donna Puleio Spadaro Dr A S Mahdi Ibn-Ziyad, Gary Puleio (In Memoriam), George Edwards, Joe Kopnitsky, Ken Heard, Ben Sears, Dave Bell, Debbie Bell, Diane Mohney & John Vago, Evie Horwitz & Larry Horwitz , Frances Gabow, The Incognito Family, James Bradford, Jimmie Wayne Moore, June Krebs, Leonard Pepper, Rookie Perna, Rosita Johnson, Sharon Hurley.
Communist Party tribute
In July 2007, the Communist Party USA paper Peoples World published a tribute "We salute Joyce Wheeler" to retiring Baltimore public school teacher and Communist Party member Joyce Wheeler. Peggy Sears and Ben Sears signed the tribute page. Most of the more than 100 signatories were identified Party members.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
Cutting military spending
Philadelphia City Council, by a vote of 15-2, passed April 2015, a resolution "calling on the U.S. Congress to bring all U.S. troops home from Afghanistan, to take the funds saved by that action and by significantly cutting the Pentagon budget, and to use that money to fund education, public and private sector family-sustaining job creation, special protections for military sector workers, environmental and infrastructure restoration, care for veterans and their fammilies, and human services that our cities and states so desperately need."
Introduced by Councilmember Maria Quinones-Sanchez on April 12 with six other co-sponsors , the resolution was drafted by the Delaware Valley New Priorities Network, comprised of dozens of labor, neighborhood, faith, and peace organizations.
Councilmember Maria Quinones-Sanchez, who successfully introduced the resolution to Redirect Military Spending to Fund Our Communities, posed outside Philadelphia City Council Chambers with some of the members of the Delaware Valley New Priorities Network, which drafted the resolution, passed by Philadelphia City Council June 21 by 15-2. From left, Andrew Deffley, philadelphiacommunities.com; Jane Dugdale, Main Line Peace Action; Councilmember Quinones-Sanchez; Ben Sears, Philadelphia Federation of Teachers, retirees; Bob Smith, Brandywine Peace Community; John Braxton, Faculty and Staff Federation of Community College of Philadelphia; Ken Heard, National Writers Union.
New member phone bank
New member phone bank Public · Hosted by Communist Party USA.
Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11 AM - 4 PM EDT
Your living room
- We're organizing a phonebank to our new members on Saturday and we need your help. The callfire service allow you to make the calls from home, using your smartphone, laptop or deskstop. You'll get a real charge from talking to them! Aint' nuthin like it!! Please click "going" if you can make calls! Thanks!
Those invited to participate on on Facebook included Ben Sears.
- Political Affairs bio, accessed May 6, 2011
- New District Leadership -- Elected at District Convention, June 1, 1975, Sandy Patrinos Files, Box 1, Tamiment Library, Robert F. Wagner Labor Archives, New York University
- We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006
- We salute Joyce Wheeler, Peoples world July 27, 2007
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- http://www.peacecoalition.org/news-and-events/recent-events/358-philadelphiaresolution.html Coalition for Peace Action, ASSED! Philadelphia City Council 15-2 passes resolution to Redirect Military Spending to Fund Our Communities]
- PA About, accessed October 2015