Socialist Caucus at the DNC
Socialist Caucus at the DNC Wed, Jul 27, 2016 - William Way LGBTQ Center Philadelphia, PA.
The Democratic Socialists of America invites all DNC delegates, members and friends to the Socialist Caucus, featuring:
- Rahel Biru, New York DSA, activist in Debbie Medina NY State Senate campaign;
- Michael Lighty, Political Director of the National Nurses United, key organizer of The People's Summit;
- Bob Master, Legislative/Political Director, Communication Workers of America (District 1), Co-Chair New York Working Families Party;
- Ashley Rodriguez, El Chuco del Norte (El Paso) Democratic Socialists of America and Bernie Sanders delegate to the DNC; and
- Maria Svart, National Director of the Democratic Socialists of America.
Cornel West resigned from the Platform Committee and didn't attend the Convention in protest against the Sanders’ campaign not filing minority reports, particularly on TPP and the Israeli occupation of the West Bank.
- We will miss Brother West at the Socialist Caucus, but the other speakers are fantastic (and stay tuned to this page for additional speakers)! Bring your friends and fellow delegates!
- "I am a member of YDS (Young Democratic Socialists) at the University of Texas at El Paso where I am currently attending studies for my undergraduate degree. In order to keep the costs as low as possible I sought out aid from an amazing organization I belong to, the Democratic Socialists of America, where DSA's Deputy Director, David Duhalde was a total badass and hooked me up with free housing in Philly."
DUMP TRUMP, DEFEAT RACISM AND MISOGYNY, BUILD THE LEFT was an open letter to the left from 47 grassroots organizers. October 17, 2016.
- A lot of us see something really clearly, but few of us—radical and revolutionary organizers—are willing to say it out loud.
- So we’re going to say it. Defeating Trump in the presidential election is a top priority for the left. And at a minimum, that means mobilizing voters for Hillary Clinton in swing states even if you vote for another candidate in a safe state. We’ve got to beat Trump and Trumpism while building movements that will fight, resist and disrupt a Clinton administration that will be militaristic and pro-corporate...
- As we mentioned at the beginning, defeating Trump is not enough. We need movements strong enough to fight a Clinton administration on several fronts—whether Israel/Palestine, free trade agreements, climate change, a $15 minimum wage, or the prison-industrial complex. And neutralizing the appeal of the far right means we need to both strengthen our movements for racial justice and win over white workers to a progressive class politics as an alternative to Trump’s racist economic nationalism. Finally, we need to build a left that can help anchor a visionary alternative to corporate Democrats. It won’t be easy, but we’ve come this far. Let’s defend what we’ve got in this election, and keep our eye on collective liberation.
Ashley Rodriguez, was in 2016, contact for Democratic Socialists of America - El Chuco del Norte.
Closed Facebook group
Democratic Socialists of America - El Chuco del Norte, Closed Facebook group as of May 3, 2017; Admins
- Gabriel Solis
- Xavier Miranda
- Elena Alejandra
- Dominic Eduardo Chacon
- Jesse Soria
- Ashley Rodriguez
- Rodolfo Apolinar Parra
- Eric Stoltz
Texas DSA - Red State Rising
Texas Democratic Socialists of America members who endorsed Danny Fetonte when he ran for DSA NPC in 2017 included Kit Jones – Fort Worth, Kristi Lara – Plano, Deborah Beltran, Kristian Hernandez – Dallas, Ashley Rodriguez, Judy Lugo – El Paso, Janice Zitelman – Kerrville, Sitina Gutierrez – Waco, Gena Probst and Scott Nelson – Bryan,.
As of June 17, 2017, members included Ashley Rodriguez.
Charleston support vigil
Democratic Socialists of America - El Chuco del Norte , organised an August 13 Charleston 2017 support vigil in El Paso.
Beautiful and passionate engagement by all at last night's vigil.
Gabriel Solis, your statement was poignant.
Elena Alejandra, your organizing, moderating, passion, and outreach was impressive.
Father Morton as always, delivered a message of love and empowerment.
Clavo, Rosemary, and the Brown Berets were on point and encouraging.
Turkish Raindrop House's Sabri Agachan, delivered a statement of unity and love which resonated effectively. The always dependable Joe Merlyn Heyman family, in conjunction with the Border Network for Human Rights, demonstrated how to resist oppressive legislative developments.
DSA Women's Caucus Facebook group
- Eventbrite WED, JUL 27 AT 1:30 PM, PHILADELPHIA, PA Socialist Caucus at the DNC By: Democratic Socialist of America
- Support DSA Delegates at the DNC
- [https://www.Facebook.com/notes/austin-dsa/support-danny-fetonte-for-npc/1917815435143506/Support Danny Fetonte for NPC AUSTIN DSA·SUNDAY, JULY 23, 2017]
- Democratic Socialists of America - El Chuco del Norte added 3 new photos. August 14 at 11:24pm